About Me

My photo
ordinary to some and extraordinary to others.. Foresighted. Get easily worried. Quite talkative. Very friendly. Stylish and fashionable. Soft spoken and polite. Warm and considerate towards people. Great sense of humor. Quite sensitive. Star in the crowd. Active and visionary thinker. Kind and generous. Loyal lover. Love to debate. Love the finer things of life.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

the phase

Few years ago, I was in two situations where two of my friends were getting married.
Let me call the first friend Wan and second friend Tue.
Wan called me up one night and asked me to spend the night at her place. She wanted second opinion. She was dating a married man and had came to a decision to marry him. Anyway, she wasn't sure about it. I guessed she was still on the fence of becoming his second wife.
That night we talked for hours till dawn. I assured her that being a second wife to a good man who can provide her and give her good life is not wrong. She didn't chose to fall in love with him but it happened anyhow. From what I have known from her and my own observations, he was a perfect guy.
I met Wan few days ago and we were reminiscing about old times with another friend. Wan is divorced now with two kids and what really surprised me, she talked about the night we spent and chatted about her marriage decision.
I somehow said something to her that made her married him. I said, as quoted by her, " You have to get married because unless you marry him, you wouldn't know how you will feel and what will happen. If you didn't marry then you will forever wonder what would have happen. If after marriage you are not happy then just walk out and always look back and say, I know how I feel now.."
She said my words stucked in her brain till the moment she had a mutual and understanding divorce from her husband.
I almost choked on my drink.

My other friend Tue had not asked for my advice but I was trying my very best so that she will not marry the guy she was with.
The thing is, I was the reason she knew her soon to-be husband. I introduced them with no intentions of hooking them up and a very confident feeling that they will not like each other. Somehow cupids played their parts and proved me wrong in 3 months!
When she decided to get married, I went all out and told her every nasty and ugly bits of him but somehow she said that people can change over the time and she believed that he had changed. Tue made such an effort for me to understand that this guy will take care of her. The truth is I knew him way far better to know his ability and limitations of making a woman happy. (I knew his exes, that was my firsthand sources about him)
She married him, had a kid and over the years she tried her best to pretend that she was happy until she couldn't do it anymore. I was there during her breakdowns and fights with him. I was there when she needed a place to getaway and avoid nasty arguments with him.She had very hard life, emotionally and financially with him. I did my very best to helped her and only used the phrase "I told you so" in my mind...
And recently, she informed me that she got pregnant with their second child.
Again, I almost choked on my drink.

Wan is happy now with her life. She is back in the single market and very excited about it. While Tue is still complaining about her man and the difficulties she will be having now that she is pregnant and leaving her job.

Meanwhile I am going through a phase with this amazing feeling that I was right in both their situations.That makes me thinking..should jump into the wagon now eh?

No comments: