About Me

My photo
ordinary to some and extraordinary to others.. Foresighted. Get easily worried. Quite talkative. Very friendly. Stylish and fashionable. Soft spoken and polite. Warm and considerate towards people. Great sense of humor. Quite sensitive. Star in the crowd. Active and visionary thinker. Kind and generous. Loyal lover. Love to debate. Love the finer things of life.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

MEN-love and loath them

This morning I had a dream. I dreamt I died in a fire explosion. The previous week I went through two major crisis hence the dream, I guess. But the crisis was not about me. It happened to two of my good friends.

One of them got divorced one early morning and the night before that she was with me. So I was the last person who saw her as a married woman. I told her to accept her divorce as a blessing in disguise as she was physically abused way too many times by her husband. She is surviving though and for the past one week she keep coming back and reporting to me that she is doing well.

My other friend was in a complicated relationship with her boyfriend. 7 months they were together and they broke up like for the hundreth times. Everytime she break up, she will be ok for couple of days, promising not to be back with him but two days later she will be spending the night at his place and get back to the complicated relationship. Last week, for the first time she was physically abused by him, and I was the first person to see her the next morning before anyone else. I was in shocked as I never thought he will beat her up. She looked really bad.

For few days she swears that she will get rid of him for good and I had always wanted her to free herself from him as during the period they were together, I did not see that they are being happy but one after another arguments and fights. But this is what they define love, then who am I to say anything.

This morning, I was angry as I found out she went back to him. More sad than angry actually, but seriously I can never comprehend how women can be so vulnerable and easily forgive the men who hurt them physically. Are we that weak or is just a fact that men are stronger?

The funny thing is I thought my first friend who was abused for years before she got divorced was the weaker girl than the second one. Guess I was wrong.

All the men I had so far in my life never lift a finger on me, saying that, I am intolerent towards men who abuse their women.

There is never a good reason to hit the woman that you claim you love.

No comments: